This is the website of free man management consultants
(made with Joomla, now 3.8).
The site presents an overview of the major activities of fmmc:
- Educational Management Development (emd)
- Education Management Information Systems (emis)
- The use of ICT in Education (ict-e)
- Institutional Strengthening (is)
- Programme Planning & Evaluation (ppe)
- In October 2018 Jan Arend Brands contributes to the Framework for Induction of School Principals Project (Technical Assistance for the SA-EU Dialogue Facility). He writes a report on induction and mentoring of novice principals in 4 EU countries: Flanders - Belgium, Netherlands, UK (England, Scotland) and Finland. He participates in a workshop from the Ministry of Basic Education in Pretoria, South Africa.
- In 2018 Jan Arend contributed to visits of VVOB (www.vvob.be) delegations from Suriname and South-Africa to Belgium and the Netherlands. The delegations oriented themselves on support to school leaders in the respective countries.
- In 2018 Jan Arend contributes to the PhD-study of Oscar Moreno (Ecuador) at COOLS, KU Leuven (Supervisors: Dr. Virginie März, Prof. Dr. Femke Geijsel, University of Amsterdam) and the work of VVOB in Ecuador (See www.vvob.org.ec/).
- In December 2017 Jan Arend started sending news alerts to subscribers about developments in the field of Educational Leadership (including related issues on inequity, accountability, EMIS and private funding).
- In August 2016 Jan Arend restarted the fmmc blog (see the last menu item). The first blog (early 2014) on the "National Policy and Strategy on ICT and Education Suriname" was visited more than 30,000 times.
- In October 2015 Jan Arend conducted a two-week studytrip in Chile: Educational Management and Equity. Conversations were held (amongst others) with schools, Ministerio de Educación, CPEIP, ACE, CIAE, CPCE and CEPAL.
- In October 2015 Jan Arend again joined VVOB Ecuador in supporting the 'Ministerio de Educación' (see below)
- Ria van Hoewijk supports the program manager of a Dutch organisation for Child Rights (December 2014)
- Jan Arend joined in November 2014 VVOB Ecuador in supporting the 'Ministerio de Educación' in designing training for educational managers as part of the 'Programa de Fortalecimiento de la Educación y Formación Técnica Profesional' (EFTP - 2014-2016).